MARCELIN LIBRARY – UPCOMING EVENTS
Tuesdays: Knit & Crochet Group Drop-in 4:00 - 5:00
Thursdays: Jigsaw Puzzle lovers drop-in 2:00 - 5:00
February 7 & 14 - Waltz & Polka lessons
for grades 4 – 12, 6:30 – 7:30.
February 09 - Storytime & Craft 10:30 – 11:30.
February 16 - Ozobots for ages 6 – 12, 10:30 – 1:30.
Must pre-register ( 1 hour time periods).
February 23 - Canadian Nature Storytime & Craft 10:30 – 11:30.
Village of Marcelin Notices:
- Next Council meeting date: February 20th, 2019
- Notice of Call for Nominations - Municipal By-Election
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that nominations of the candidates for the office(s) of:
Councillor: Village of Marcelin- Number to be elected is one (1)
will be received by the undersigned on the 20th day of February, 2019,
from 9:00am to 4:00 pm at the Marcelin Village Office, 105 Main Street, and during regular business hours on Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 to Wednesday, February 19th, 2019, at the Marcelin Village Office.
Nomination forms may be obtained at the Marcelin Village Office or online at www.publications.gov.sk.ca
Dated this 31st day of January, 2019
- See Form H
Trailers & Campers
This is a reminder to please remove any or all trailers and/or campers off the street in preparation for the winter season. This will enable Glenn to keep the streets clean more effectively & efficiently.
- Vehicles for Snow Removal
Please be advised to in case of sudden snowfall, any & all vehicles parked on the street are to be moved immediately. This will enable Glen to remove snow off the streets more effectively & efficiently.
We would like to remind all property owners that junked vehicles are not permitted to be stored on property within the Village. A junked vehicle is any vehicle that has no valid license plate or is in a rusted, wrecked, dismantled, inoperative or abandoned condition.
- Marcelin LIbrary
The Marcelin Library Board is pleased to announce that we have hired a new librarian to join us. All are invited come out and introduce yourselves to Sheryle. We are able to offer new hours beginning Saturday, October 20th, 2018. The new hours will be Tuesdays 2-6pm, Thursdays 2-8pm and every Saturday 10am-2pm.
We will be beginning a shut-in program for residents of Marcelin for any that have mobility issues. If you are interested in signing up for this program please give Sheryle a call at the library for more info at 306-226-2110.
- The Village of Marcelin now accepts E-Transfers!
Please call the Village Office for more information.
The Village Office now accepts Interac & Mastercard or Visa, as well as cash or cheque.
- MARCELIN IS GOING GREEN!
Thank you to all residents for recycling and we encourage you to continue with this service.
- Animal Control Bylaw: Ammendments made to current dog control bylaw.
- On November 1, 2015 the Animal Control Bylaw came into effect, replacing the Dog Control Bylaw.
- New to the Bylaws:
- Cats are now included
- Limit of 2 dogs per household
- Limit of 2 cats per household
- Increase to penalties set out in Schedule 'C'
- If you or anyone you know has a new dog and/or cat, please contact the office to receive a license.
Fee is $5.00/spayed & $25/not spayed.
- Please make sure your domestic pet is either tied up or inside a fenced yard so that it does not roam the Village. Penalties for a domestic pet running at large or defecating within the Village may start @ $100.00. A copy of the "Animal Control Bylaw" is available at the Village Office. If you would like to make a complaint regarding any dog/cat related situations, please contact the Village Office during regular hours of operation
- Posting Events:
If you would like to post an event or announcement, please contact the Village Office.