Attractions Near Marcelin
- Crown Hill - Crown Hill is located 1 mile south, then 2 miles west of Marcelin. It is the tallest hill in the area. Enjoyably used during the winter months for tobogganing.
- Saskatchewan's Largest Tree
Saskatchewan’s largest tree is located South of Blaine Lake on Hwy #12 down Tree Road. This very old cottonwood/balsam poplar hybrid has been growing since before the first white settlers came to this area. The circumference of the tree is nearly 5 metres!
- Crooked Trees
Located west of Blaine Lake is a grove of incredible Poplar trees. These trees resemble trees from a “sci-fi” movie. They are certainly worth the drive to see them. Contact the Town Office for directions on how to get there. Phone 306-497-2531.
- First Nation Reserves include Mistawasis and Muskeg Lake. Both have annual Pow-Wow’s and much to offer their people and surrounding area. More information can be found on the following websites: www.mistawasis.ca and www.muskeglake.ca
- 12-40 and Beyond - “An Adventure in Rural Life”: A self-guided tour through Leask, Marcelin, Blaine Lake and Hafford countrysides. This tour will take you on an adventure to see a variety of art, orchards, museum, blacksmithing, jewelry, stone carving, wool works, denim creations, and much more. See the website for more info:
- General Store Memories-Museum, Antiques and Summer kitchen. Take a break from the everyday - drive the scenic route approximately 19 kms west of Marcelin, and stroll memory lane. A two-story building is filled with collectibles, antiques and treasures. For more information and hours of operation of the General Store Memories please contact Bill Nemish 306-226-4646.
Riverlands Heritage Region Tour: A Saskatchewan adventure, Riverlands Heritage Tour: The Riverlands self-guided tour is found along the west side of the North Saskatchewan River between Petrofka Bridge and Wingard Ferry in Saskatchewan, Canada. The self-guided tour includes cultural and historical sites as well as areas of natural history. Direction signs as well as information signs guide the traveller along country roads with stops at a number of interesting sites. This is a fair weather summer tour with information available for each site on the map brochure. Printable Self Guided Tour Map - Riverland Self-Guided Tour
- Petrofka Orchard is an apple orchard and vegetable farm located just 40 minutes north of Saskatoon in central Saskatchewan. Our goal is to produce fresh, healthy and sustainably grown food and provide a beautiful country venue where one can slow down, relax and enjoy time with family and friends. All of our seasonal tours begin the May long weekend and go until September. In the Orchard Country Store you will find the best homemade pies, jams, mustards, sauces and Apple Sausages. We invite you to take a walk around the orchard trails and picnic on our small but quaint riverfront beach. Check out our website for hours of operations and product information. www.PetrofkaOrchard.com